Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 - Castle Turret


I thought it was only fitting, on this day Will and Kate announced they are expecting their second heir to the throne, to try to create a castle turret-shaped crown.  Because my liquid was so thick in order to try to get those straight sided walls, it was a pain to try to clean up the splatter between each "take", so I decided to go with the flow.  No pun intended.  The drops were green, but a solid green splash wasn't particularly exciting, so I once again -- against my better judgment -- put a few drops of undiluted red food coloring in the pool collected from prior splash failures.  

I ended up liking this splash, because of the green turret tips, the detail in the pool, and the funky-shaped drop coming down.  

Maybe one/some of you science-type people might be able to explain the drop phenomenon.

7 comments:

  1. It does look like a turret! This is the first shot in the challenge where the liquid is this thick, right? It has a different kind of beauty. You did manage to make those straight sided walls. Makes me imagine the possible outcomes you could get just by changing an element one tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intruiging dropshape indeed. I love the reflections in general but I think in this case of creating a castle I think it would have been nice to have the castle sitting only in the puddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea, Marga. I wouldn't have thought of it, since I was taking advantage of the wonderful reflections, but it might be cool! Sort of floating!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This one is really surreal. I can see how you get addicted to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make a drop drawbridge next time :) BTW That pointy falling droplet is very unusual... BTW it reminds me of that colored peppermint sheet candy, I think it is called brick??? Looks like you could just bite it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Carol. I'm impressed with all the different shapes and feels this liquid gets. Almost looks like it's made out of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, it looks like the splash is reaching out for a falling emerald. Beautiful colors, very bold and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete