Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 24 - Necklace


Another day, another adventure in recipe-making.  I have three different additives in this mixture, along with some surfactant to try to make it 'fly' out a bit more.  I had some fun results today, but I liked the stateliness and almost perfect symmetry of this splash the best.

And because I love the idea of "finding hidden images" in the splashes, here is a bonus.  I couldn't help but think of Mary Poppins when I saw this splash during my shoot.

Bonus Splash:  Mary Poppins


5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!! These are incredible. The top one with the fringed splash and the queen slipping inside it is so fabulous and that small rod at the top with a perfect little drop at the tip. The transparency of the stretched out part of the splash ... it's all so fantastic.
    The second one is again different from you. I don't know why but many of these seem almost asian in style (because of their shapes pulled to a minimum and make me think of the women of Erté. Long, lanky and extremely stylish. This lady has a bun in the oven but still looks amazing. You can be proud of this collection you are amassing. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say different from you, I meant different from you thought it looked like. I know that sentence must not have made sense to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Poppins has a Beehive hairdo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a drop I would love to wear a dress like that. And that Mary is so cute, I wonder where her magic bag went. I quote that scene once in a while in the library when a customer has a seemingly endless pile of books coming out of a bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! i love the Mary Poppins shot! Gorgeous splashes

    ReplyDelete