Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 22 - Holey Splash, Batman!


After yesterday's thick liquid, I decided to try changing my recipe.  Instead of adding half-and-half to the liquid to make it opaque, I tried some regular milk.  I also changed the additive in the water.  The collisions varied, some remaining fairly 'condensed' (no pun intended), but this one was one of several that actually splashed out, and formed holes in the solid plate.  I've been trying to achieve this texture for awhile and have gotten some holes, but not in a large plate splash before.  So there was some measure of victory, but I'm not sure if it had to do with the additive water, or using milk instead of half-and-half for the opacity.  Whatever.  It worked!

4 comments:

  1. Those holes look amazing and definately add a new dimension.
    I wonder if you take notes of all the different recipes so you can track back what the essential changes create the results you aim for. If you do you will end this month with your personal dropping cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most stupendous!!! Absolutely incredible. I love the "grain" in the trunk, I love the top protrusion, and I love the veil!!! I believe as much as I liked some of your crowns...this one is the topper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome in so many ways! I really like how the cape has holes in. Congratulations on your victory :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wild crazy coat. Love those holes and the edges are like tassels all the way around. So very different!

    ReplyDelete