Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 27 - Gussied Up


For some reason I had more trouble getting this shoot-from-below collision than I did on my first attempt at this technique yesterday!  With more water in the basin, which isn't particularly rigid, the nozzle ended up further below water level, causing difficulty getting the upward jet to go high enough, and smooth enough.  Along with the other "regular" issues of variables, it took me awhile to figure out what the problem was.  By that time, I was frustrated and tired!

So, the shot, while fun, isn't what I'd planned to try to achieve.  But I'm happy to have succeeded both yesterday and today in capturing longer cylinders without having the splash collapse, something I've not been able to do from dropping from above.  So there is a consolation!

Oh and thanks to MadamMtnLion, who decided this splash looks like a Western hat's brim and a fringed skirt below!  I now have a title for the image!

** I do not know why the main images yesterday and today came out so much darker than they appear in the thumbnail, which is the truer color.  Both were taken from the same image with no alteration.  I don't know why the larger pictures have gotten so dark when I've uploaded them here, but remain the correct colors on Worth and/or Flickr.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colors. It looks like a model showing off her new winter coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colors and shapes. I am sure you will achieve what you desire very soon... maybe even today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so hard on yourself. Really. Look at this. The red shooting up under that transparent dress, the beautiful ball suspended above! Me thinks this month needs to end soon as you are being too harsh on yourself. This is actually quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete