Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 23 - Conehead!


I'm beginning to think that the addition of milk is causing some breakdown in the elasticity of the additive-enhanced water I'm using.  Or maybe the additive water is getting old, though it still remains viscous.  I will probably make a new batch up tonight for tomorrow's shots to see if it makes any difference.   Nonetheless, I was able to get a nicely-shaped, symmetrical three-drop collision, and still have the splash transparent enough to allow us to see the top of the column and flyaway drop inside the splashes.  Reminds me of an x-ray, under blacklight!  And the opaque liquid reminds me of smoke as it is drawn up the column of the splash jet formed by the first drop rebounding.

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a bride in her veil. Almost like a glass wedding cake topper. Lovely opaque look to the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top looks radioactive.. are you sure of what chemicals you added being as to how your husband WAS a chemist???...gadzook, imagine one of those chemistry lab explosions with blue and green bits all over the ceiling and walls and eeking out the doors as neighbors pass by....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax, Shirley. It's just neon food coloring mixed with a bit of milk to get some opacity into the water. Nothing explosive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head is opaque but the rest is so diaphanous; it's very beautiful! I also really like how at the edge of the umbrella or skirt or whatever it is, there is a rippling near the edge that is uber-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely, those colours go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool looking "mushroomy" thing. It looks really alien, like one of those things you find deep under water that glows in the dark

    ReplyDelete