Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 16 - Multicolored Abstract


I changed my liquids today, and since each one behaves differently, I need to figure out what kind of drop collisions I will aim for.  Since this liquid tends not to splash a lot, I likely won't get many flying tendrils.  So I decided to try for abstract art forms instead of the more traditional symmetrical shapes.

I used two valves on this, with a different color in each, and a 3rd color in the basin.  As the drops collided, their colors merged, so I ended up with 5 colors instead of the 3 I started with.   I loved the intricacy of the water patterns in the top collision, and even got a kick out of the yin-yang droplet that hasn't quite collided yet.  I also liked the juxtaposition of the curves and rounded shapes next to the tall fairly straight column.  Just an interesting abstract liquid sculpture!

8 comments:

  1. so pretty; looks like it could be made of glass. I love that tiny yin yang too. I also love what looks like an Alstroemeria from the side inside the sculpture. Now that I relook at it, I now see an Asian lady with a bun in her hair. Her hands are in her upper sleeves and she's got a long tail at the back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maggie. Ha! Now I see her, too, sitting and facing away at a slight angle to the northwest. The additive to the water that I'm using for this picture creates very smooth collisions, but the details have a tendency to look like glass sculptures. Just another kind of playing with water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too funny... I see a parrot, whose body turns into an elephant head with a very loooong turnk...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or perhaps a parrot whose dinner disagreed with him... ;) Actually, I just liked the lines, shapes and colors....

      Delete
  4. I agree with MML - Its a Parrot who is pee peeing. :-0
    ..or and alien...with his big EYE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but when I saw this my mind went "Ghost Busters" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a very tall lady with a curved walking stick. Or maybe she's playing golf...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking Madame Butterfly. How interesting that 3 colours end up creating 5.

    ReplyDelete