Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 3 - Collision on Column with Hat


Splashes vary according to many variables - viscosity and temperatures of the liquid in the drop bottles and catch basin, level in the reservoir bottle, etc.   Yesterday I captured the chalice collision after about 10 minutes of tweaking trigger settings.  Today, this double collision took well over 2 hours!  Viscosity played a major issue and I found myself having to tweak my recipe mid-session.  But it's the journey.  That's what I keep telling myself.

I liked seeing the larger splash slide over the center column and the hat forming by a flyaway drop heading upward through another falling droplet.

I don't see anything special in this collision, other than the Tin Man-style hat in the topmost collision.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. HA! Actually the tin man is exactly what it made me think of. I still find it incredible what beauty can be achieved by the act of dropping a drop or two of water into a basin. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a British policeman! Beautiful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. How do you do stuff like this???? It looks like so much fun but I get so daunted at how difficult it looks that I don’t give it a go. These shots are so effective. These pictures would look hung up on an office wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green and yellow go well together, they tie the elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'll be oohing and aahing with every photo you take. That yellow crown with the flyaway droplets, that green pillar, the dark liquid base, and that yellow cap all look special to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I envy you your time and patience to get these so perfect. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha, a clown with his ruffled collar. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Your challenge is so amazing. What a theme

    ReplyDelete