Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 29 - Dress Up


This actually reminded me of a lady from the 1800's or so, dressed up in her fancy skirt and petticoats, wearing a wide brimmed hat.  Sort of like Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke, walking down the boardwalk of Dodge City, Kansas.  

I'm enjoying the shooting up from a different valve, but having to rethink numbers and delays and sync times, while good for brain exercise, is getting tiring!  Not for once in awhile, but on a daily basis, I find myself talking aloud to myself to make sure I'm understanding what I need to do to realign numbers. 

And let's not even talk about eyestrain from hours of trying to focus on small water collisions, both for camera focusing and at the monitor later, to discern the best out of many, many shots taken at each session.

Enough of a pity party.  It hasn't been all bad, by a longshot, and I'm certainly coming away with a much better understanding of the secret life of water drops (thanks go to EssjayNZ for this wonderful description) and how to capture them.  :)  

***Again, this image, despite much tweaking of the original, which shows up fine in the thumbnail and at Worth, is still dark and splotchy at this site, and I don't know why.  My apologies.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, she's twirling in her new dress. So pretty. I admire that you've been able to do this for an entire month. These are certainly not lazy snapshots, they take so much time and dedication, I think I would have thrown it all on the wall and stomped out of the month with tears rolling down my eyes. You are a better person than I! And more than just not snapshots; extraordinary images that surely blow the minds of not only the uninformed (such as myself) but people that have been doing these shots for years. I know they are very impressed with what you are doing. Only 1 more to go to fill in your poster and what a poster it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see, but of course you cannot do because of your poster pattern... but what a wowwie it would be to see an up jet collision on a black background...ohhh ahhh. Don't get me wrong, this young peppy girl twirling to spin her skirt, is a dandy sight!! You go girl... just one more :0

    ReplyDelete