Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 13 Crown in Bubble with Reflection


I was able to get a sharp reflection by using a piece of white acrylic as my base instead of dropping into a basin of water.  Aligning the bubble again proved to be the main challenge, after getting it to stick without popping.  Now to work on the lighting.  Since I only have two external flashes and one was behind the back acrylic, my lighting was very uneven.  More obvious in this larger subject and smooth base than with rippled water.  But I was pleased with the result.  Sort of reminds me of a snow globe.

9 comments:

  1. Really cool, looks like a water drop prison! I was wondering if you had tried different surfaces like stretched rubber or soft surfaces to see how that effects the splash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ah Uh La La (imagine the imagine the melody behind this)... You are the master of crowns... be eau tee ful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh how derelict of me... correction - Mistress of Crowns (smack, smack...owwww)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a perfect explosion of a crown inside the bubble. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and doubly clever to have it sorrounded by a great big bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking globe as well. Such a lovely subtle blue line along the base of the bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, a perfect sphere with a splash inside, the reflection is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the bubble ring on the surface is orange in front and blue at the back area. Yes, that reflection is super clear and sharp. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete