Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 15 - Bubble Resistance


These soap bubbles are very resistant to breakage!  It certainly doesn't seem that way when I'm trying to keep them intact and NOT breaking!  I have a whole tabletop of dried bubble mix that I now have to clean up from all the bubbles I blew that did not land in the water so today's job will be cleaning my work area.  I'm sure all the dried soap mix will re-hydrate and once again become slimy.  Yuck!

I loved this capture.  I had to re-figure out all of my numbers on the trigger because I swapped out cameras and am using my old 40D for awhile, since I'm accumulating an incredible amount of shutter actuations this month.  I thought I'd spread the wealth, as it were.  So with recalculating numbers, I figured I'd try for something simple.  But, it's elegant in its own way!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one!!!! So simple, yet brilliant! I really applaud all your hard work the past 15 days! I really hope you put these up for sale somewhere....Etsy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a saying that the simpler you make something, the more perfect it has to be. Well, Carol - this is perfection! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to say... your stupid verification almost got the best of me.. It took me three tries, to figure out what it wanted me to type....accckkkk... I see you caught this one early (no extra bubbles around the rim)...nice simple and clean!! Just what we expect from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Celia, Maggie and Shirley. Very kind comments and I appreciate them. I'm glad you like this capture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that simple crystal clear combination. The red drop makes the shot perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! A cherry falling and it looks like it's going to bounce up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've become not just an expert at water splashes but also at bubble making. This is so Zen, Carol, and the deep jewel-like red drop testing the bubble's resistance is captivating. The whole shot.. let me rephrase that.. your whole gallery is captivating!

    ReplyDelete